Friday, June 5, 2020

The power of words

For the last several years, words have been my life. After publishing six novels, I believe in the importance of word choice. In a story, the difference between choosing a passive phrase or an active phrase influences how connected your reader feels to your character (and whether or not they finish your book). As a writer, I have had to learn to write differently from how I talk. And although I’m getting better with my first drafts, there are still multiple revisions that fine tune my use of words.

Keywords share a similar power. The right keyword will bring the buyer you are hoping for. The wrong keyword will bring someone who might surf through your website, but won’t be interested in what you’re selling. My target market isn’t as big as others may be and I want to make sure the people who come to my website are looking for high quality, hand-crafted turned wood sculpture and dishes. Even those looking for wood wall art will not be happy with my product line. Therefore, it is essential to choose keywords effectively.

Google is that vast ethereal cyber-something that honestly overwhelms me most of the time. Thank goodness for a class that holds my hand through a system so big it could handle any size of company; from a mom-and-pop operation to the largest corporation. Being able to get computerized help with advertising and keywords gives me a confidence I truly need to succeed. As I slowly navigate my way through creating my first ad campaign, I can see the value of taking advantage of the Internet benefits as much as simply being able to launch my website.

I’m looking forward to seeing the results of my journey through GoogleAds.

No comments:

Post a Comment