Friday, June 26, 2020

So Many Hats!


Fortunately, for those of us who don’t intuitively understand how to analyze the amazing amount of data that can be collected from a website, there is Google Analytics. Delving into not only the information Google Analytics supplies, but also the recommendations it makes helps me to feel as though I have a marketing partner, holding my hand through this learning process.

Once I overcame the surprise of seeing the number of clicks and impressions on my site, and determining to issue a newsletter soon for those who have signed up, I found the information from Google Ads and Google Analytics valuable as I adjust my ads for the future.

My biggest hiccup in this process is figuring out what Wix (my hosting site) does and what information I need to provide. In some senses, it’s as though Wix and Google Analytics are providing the same information and I ask myself whether I need them both. For the purposes of this class, I will, of course, do both. But as I look to the weeks ahead when I don’t have assignment deadlines and more information to learn, I can take a more careful approach to the type of information each site offers. I may stay with them both, but I may find that one is enough.

Moving forward this week, I updated my ad for heritage products and turned off a couple keywords that weren’t working. I’m look forward to seeing whether these changes have any positive result.

Now, to create my first newsletter, because there are eight people out there in the world who are waiting on me!

No comments:

Post a Comment