Friday, July 17, 2020

In the home stretch

The thought that came to me as I reflected upon this past week (as well as the entire course) was "drinking from a fire hose." So. Much. Information!

The focus this week on Google Analytics was eye-opening and I was impressed with the extent of information available for deciphering the who, what, where, when, and how of visitors to a website. I can certainly see how this type of information would be valuable to a company looking to ensure they market to the right demographic and provide the right product. 

For me, with my little niche product, I'm not sure all this information would be as valuable...at least not in the beginning. I was excited that anyone would visit my site just from my ads. I wasn't as concerned with who they are or where they live. Going forward, this type of analysis will pay off as my husband and I fine-tune what exactly we want to offer and who we are trying to target. 

I was also grateful for the continued outreach of Google Analytics to provide multiple lessons sent directly to my email. I haven't had time to review them yet, but I'll be glad for the resource once I do have the time. Knowing how many articles and videos and other resources are out there to help understand the functionality and benefit of analyzing this data will prove useful in the weeks and months to come.

I'm certainly grateful for the opportunity to see this type of information in action. Although it's a little intimidating to see how much of my online shopping is visible to the companies I patronize.

No comments:

Post a Comment