Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Homestead Woodworks meets Social Media Marketing

Gone are the days when we could only reach people within our physical circle of life. With the onslaught of social media, we can talk to millions of people virtually. As scary as that sometimes seems, it is a perfect way for businesses, especially online businesses, to find customers. The ripple effect is alive and well in the world of social networking. 

Finding the right social media platform can be tricky. It is important to understand the demographics of the various platforms. Twitter is indeed a popular platform, but for my business, it doesn't make as much sense as Facebook, which is used by more older individuals. Based on the visitor demographics of my website, Facebook is the way to go for Homestead Woodworks. My plan is to create the account and then a Page that can be followed by multiple users without my "approval." As a marketing tool, that works well so anyone who "likes" my page can see when I post updates.

I like the idea that Facebook does a couple of things: providing access to a bigger market for a nominal cost and the ability to post images, videos, and text. That will allow me to attract people who relate in various ways to their own social media patterns. I can create flyers and coupons in Word and post them on Facebook. I can use images from my website to create brand recognition as I reach out to more people. 

In addition to Facebook, because my products can be considered art, I plan to work Pinterest into my marketing strategy down the road. As with most things, I feel better starting small and working my way up to adding more on my plate. Becoming more expert at one thing will give me the capability to expand my marketing plans and learn more. 


No comments:

Post a Comment